Who should I call for repairs?
If something needs to be fixed, don't wait. Report the problem by calling your Manager's office.
Will I be charged to get something fixed in my home?
You will not be charged for repairs due to normal wear and tear. You will be charged when you cause damage to your unit or appliances.
When will my repairs be done?
Your requests will be written up and sent to maintenance by the next business day if it is not an emergency. Your repairs will be made as soon as possible. Your request for repairs is authorization for maintenance to enter your unit and make necessary repairs. Maintenance will leave written notification in the unit to inform you of the status of the work.
What should I do about a maintenance emergency?
During regular business hours, management will send workers immediately in case of a real emergency problem. After regular business hours, management has an answering service that will send maintenance workers to deal with the problem. Call your Property Manager's office after regular business hours and on weekends for emergencies.
What is considered a maintenance emergency?
- Threatens somebody's health or safety immediately.
- Will cause a great deal of property damage if not corrected right away.
Some examples of emergencies are:
- Smell of gas.
- Sewer backups.
- Flooding - broken pipes.
- Fire (Please call "911"), then call emergency maintenance.
- Lack of electricity in the apartment.
- Broken or non-working exterior doors/locks, windows/locks.
- Non-working refrigerator, stove or hot water tank.
- Lack of heat (when outside temperatures are below 50 degrees Fahrenheit). Non- performing air conditioning unit, furnished by the owner/agent (when outside temperatures are above 90 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Lack of domestic water in the apartment.
- Toilet not functioning (when only one toilet in an apartment).
- Lock-outs *After normal business hours will be charged.
If you see this type of problem, call for assistance anytime, day or night.